Stock your freezer with these easy Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches! They are the perfect breakfast meal prep and so easy to make. These make ahead breakfast sandwiches are made with baked eggs, cheese and your choice of bacon, sausage or Canadian bacon stuffed in a English Muffin!
I’m a sucker for a good breakfast sandwich. I’ll go through a drive-thru anytime and order a gooey cheesy sandwich with eggs and bacon. And those restaurants that serve breakfast 24/7, they’re my best friends!
But sometimes getting and in the car and driving to get a breakfast sandwich early in the morning is just not something I want to do. Plus, there are a lot of mornings where I just wouldn’t have the time. So these freezer breakfast sandwiches come in handy!
Anything that I can make ahead of time and quickly reheat in a pinch is a winner in my book. That’s exactly why I like to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and buttermilk pancakes too. They’re easy to freeze and reheat when needed. Breakfast on a busy morning can be made so much easier with freezer breakfast sandwiches!
Why You’ll Love Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- This is a great recipe if you’re into meal prep! You can essentially make two weeks worth of breakfast for yourself in one sitting.
- Making frozen breakfast sandwiches yourself is a very affordable breakfast option. Those pre-made sandwiches in the freezer section are tasty, but are more expensive than making them on your own.
- You can make twelve breakfast sandwiches in just a little over a half hour. Quick and easy!
Ingredients for Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- English muffins – Homemade english muffins make for extra tasty freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches. But you can use store-bought english muffins too!
- Sliced cheddar cheese – You’ll use shredded cheese in the egg mixture for the sandwiches, but adding sliced cheese makes them extra gooey and melty!
- Eggs – A full dozen eggs is needed to make these sandwiches. Allow the eggs to come to room temperature before combining them with the other ingredients. Room temperature eggs are much easier to mix.
- Milk – Use whole milk to make the eggs extra creamy. 2% and 1% milk will work if you prefer to use them.
- Salt and pepper – A little salt and pepper will season the eggs perfectly.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Shredded cheddar provides the best flavor, but you can use any other cheese too. Monterey jack and Colby jack would be tasty.
- Bacon – Make bacon in the oven for the most perfect and crispy texture.
- Sausage patties – You can make your own breakfast sausage patties or grab some the freezer section of your local grocery store.
- Canadian bacon – Canadian bacon will make these make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches taste like a copycat egg McMuffin.
How to Make Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and then generously grease a 9×13 inch pan and set it aside.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, shredded cheddar, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Next, pour the egg mixture into the previously prepared baking dish and bake for 18-22 minutes. Look for the center to be set, once set then it is done.
Remove the baked eggs from the oven and allow to cool. Then, cut into 12 even sqaures.
Place a slice of cheese, egg, and meat onto one half of each English muffin and place the other half of the muffin on top.
If you plan to eat a sandwich right away, then place it into the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
Otherwise, wrap each sandwich tightly in foil or parchment paper to freeze. Label each sandwich so that you know what meat it contains and you won’t have to play a guessing game when you go to reheat one!
How to Freeze Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Once completely cool, wrap each sandwich individually in aluminum foil. Alternatively you can use wax paper or parchment paper and tape them shut to secure it in place.
Place the sandwiches in the freezer inside a freezer safe bag. Store for up to 1 month.
How to Reheat Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
For best results, thaw a freezer friendly breakfast sandwich in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, remove the foil or paper and wrap the sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave a sandwich for 40-60 seconds on defrost. Then, flip the sandwich and microwave it for 10-30 seconds on high power until warmed through.
You can also place a thawed sandwich in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or into the toaster oven until warmed through.
What to serve with Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- Change things up and use homemade biscuits instead of english muffins!
- Make sure the sandwiches are completely cool before you wrap them up. Any residual heat could end up making the sandwich soggy when reheated.
- If you need to make more sandwiches in one sitting, just double the egg recipe and divide it into two 9×13 baking dishes.
Put that granola bar back into your pantry and have a hearty freezer breakfast sandwich for breakfast instead! Busy mornings shouldn’t mean you eat a breakfast that will have you hungry again in an hour. These easy sandwiches are the perfect solution.
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Sheet Pan Breakfast is another crazy easy way to make breakfast simple, delicious, and filling.
- These Breakfast Potatoes are a wonderful side dish for many different breakfast recipes.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes will be your new favorite fall recipe! So cozy and full of the perfect spices.
- If you like sweets at breakfast time, this Monkey Bread is ooey gooey and oh so sweet.
- Cheesy Sausage Pigs in a Blanket – Flaky Crescent Rolls Stuffed with Sausage and Cheese! Quick, Easy and Perfect for Breakfast!
- Chorizo Breakfast Tacos – Soft scrambled eggs mixed with chorizo and vegetables, then stuffed into a corn tortilla with beans.
- Loaded Egg Bacon Cheese Waffles – The Ultimate Sweet & Savory Waffle! Eat this Comfort Food for Breakfast or Dinner Whichever You’d Like!
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- 12 slices cooked bacon sausage patties, ham, or Canadian bacon
- 12 English muffins
- 12 slices cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously grease a 9×13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, shredded cheddar, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased pan and bake for 18-22 minutes, or just until the center is set. Don’t over-cook.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into 12 squares.
- Top each English muffin half with egg, cheese, meat, and the other half of the muffin. If you are consuming right away, heat the sandwiches in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Wrap each sandwich individually in tinfoil, wax paper, or parchment paper and place them in a freezer safe resealable bag. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- Thaw in the fridge overnight, for best results. Remove paper and wrap the sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave for 40 seconds – 1 minute on defrost (or 50% power). Flip the sandwich oven and microwave for 10-30 seconds on high power, until warmed through.
- You can also reheat the sandwiches in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes, or in the toaster oven.