A delicious, refreshing mix of strawberries, rum, lime juice and simple syrup make Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri the perfect thirst quencher during the summer. Mix up a batch for girls night, afternoons at the pool or lake, or just because you’re craving a boozy refreshing drink.
For me, it’s not really summer until I have an icy cold drink in hand and there is no better one than a frozen strawberry daiquiri! It’s one of my favorite frozen cocktails that I love to make when it’s hot. Sipping on one feels like a vacation without even leaving the house!
The Best Strawberry Daiquiri
- This is a frozen daiquiri that is so refreshing! It’s made from scratch with frozen strawberries, so it’s slushy and fresh strawberries for fresh flavor.
- The drink is sweetened with simple syrup – this is the secret for making a frozen drink that’s not grainy. The syrup blends into the cocktail without leaving any grainy sugar at the bottom of the glass.
- You can easily adjust the ingredients to your tastes – make it tarter, sweeter, or adjust the rum for your perfect amount of alcohol.
Once you see how easy this drink is to make, you’ll want to keep the ingredients on hand all summer long.
- Strawberries – You can use frozen whole strawberries or sliced ones. If you use fresh strawberries – be sure to remove the stems.
- Simple syrup – This is a combination of water and sugar. You can buy it or make your own simple syrup. It’s easy to do!
- Lime juice – Use fresh-squeezed for this recipe.
- White rum – This is the best rum to use for strawberry daiquiris. Use your favorite brand.
How to Make Frozen Daiquiris
Place all of the ingredients in the blender and secure the lid.
Pulse several times or until the ingredients are well combined and slushy.
Give the daiquiri a taste. If it’s too tart add a little more simple syrup. If it’s too sweet add more lime juice.
Pour into glasses and serve!
Add a garnish: Feeling fancy? Garnish your drinks with lime slices, or perch a fresh strawberry on the side of the glass.
How to thicken a frozen strawberry daiquiri: We like ours smoother, but if you want a thicker (aka slushier) drink just add more ice. Add a little at a time until the drink reaches your desired thickness.
How to make a virgin strawberry daiquiri: You can just leave the rum out of the drink or try my virgin strawberry margarita that is similar.
Adjust the alcohol level: Feel free to adjust the amount of rum in the drink! For this recipe, there is just over one ounce of rum per drink. You can adjust it up or down depending on your tastes.
Switch the fruit: Strawberry is amazing but you can use other frozen berries, peaches, or even frozen bananas. Feel free to experiment!
Have you already scheduled your next happy hour or girls’ night so you can make a batch of these daiquiris? Just so you know, you don’t need an excuse to make them – treat yourself this week!
More Fruity Cocktails!
- If you like vodka, you need to try a classic Seabreeze! This is a great drink for parties, or you can mix up just a couple at a time to enjoy.
- Peach Sangria is so refreshing – it’s made with rosé, peach liqueur, fresh white peaches, and berries.
- One sip of a Mai Tai, and you’ll feel like you’re on a sandy beach! It’s a classic summer cocktail.
- Strawberry Lemonade Margaritas combine two refreshing drinks in one boozy cocktail. Make it by the pitcher for all of your summer parties.
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!!? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your amazing drink!!
- 16 oz package frozen strawberries
- 4 oz fresh strawberries about 8 strawberries, stemmed
- ¼ c. simple syrup
- ½ c. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 c. white rum
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Pulse until completely blended to slushy consistency.
- Check the flavor and add more lime juice for tartness or simple syrup for sweetener, if needed. If you want a slushier consistency you can add ice cubes but we like ours more smooth.
- Divide between glasses, garnish and serve immediately.