Sip on this easy, refreshing blue Drunken Mermaid Cocktail this summer. It’s a delicious mixed drink made with Vodka, Blue curacao, simple syrup, lime juice and Watermelon Hard Seltzer. Simply combine the ingredients, shake and serve over ice.
A new cocktail recipe for you today, and it’s a fun one! A drunken mermaid cocktail is a sweet and refreshing vodka drink that’s super easy to make.
It’s made with blue curacao, which is similar to triple sec, but it’s blue-colored, giving the drink a summery, beach look! This is an excellent cocktail for girl’s night or for lounging on the deck, sitting by the pool, or for lake days.
What Is A Mermaid Cocktail?
- It’s a citrusy sweet blue drink made with vodka, blue curacao, lime juice, and flavored hard seltzer. So, it’s a little fizzy and really refreshing.
- Blue Curacao is a tropical liqueur that adds a citrus flavor. I also use it to make Ocean Breezes, Blue Hawaiian drinks, and Irish Trash Cans!
- It’s called a mermaid cocktail because of the blue color – it looks beachy! It’s so light, refreshing, and easy to make. The perfect boozy summer drink!
I love a fun and easy cocktail experience and this drunken blue mermaid drink is a must-make! After one sip you’ll feel like you’re on a relaxing tropical vacation.
- Ice cubes
- Blue curacao
- Simple syrup
- Fresh lime juice
- Watermelon hard seltzer
How to Make It
Place ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
Add the vodka, blue curacao, simple syrup, and lime juice.
Secure the lid and shake the cocktail shaker to combine the drink.
Strain and pour the cocktail over ice in glasses.
Top off each drink with hard seltzer and garnish them with lime slices.
Don’t have a cocktail shaker? No problem! You can use any container with a tight fitting lid to shake the drink. A mason jar works great!
I love watermelon hard seltzer, but you can try other flavors to switch up the drink. Or, use club soda to make it.
Hosting a crowd? You can scale the drink recipe up to serve more and prep part of it ahead. Mix the vodka, blue curacao, syrup, and lime juice in a large container. Refrigerate it until you’re ready to make the drinks!
Here are more garnish ideas if you want to dress up your drinks: Add a maraschino cherry, lime or orange slices, or hang a small slice of watermelon on the rim.
The only thing that your mermaid cocktail needs is some snacks to munch on between sips. Here are some easy recipes!
- Make a batch of salsa and guacamole to scoop up with chips.
- Serve a bowl of cool and creamy ranch dip with veggie sticks.
- Grab some tortilla chips to go with a bowl of grilled corn salsa.
A drunken mermaid drink is such a fun cocktail! No matter what time of year it is, it will make you feel like you’re on a relaxing beach vacation. Make it for your next happy hour, and enjoy!
More Summer Cocktails
Want more colorful tropical drink ideas? Here are few you might like to try!
- A Bay Breeze is an easy 3-ingredient cocktail with vodka, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice.
- Strawberry Lemonade Vodka is a quick and easy drink that’s great for a crowd!
- Tequila Sunrise is a fruity, refreshing cocktail that is layered so it looks like a sunrise in a glass.
- A Seabreeze is a ruby-colored mixed drink made with grapefruit juice, cranberry, and vodka!
- Strawberry Margaritas are always a hit! This is a great option if you want a virgin cocktail option for guests. Or add tequila to make it boozy.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces blue curacao
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- .5 ounce lime juice
- 12 ounce can Watermelon hard seltzer
- Start by placing ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Add in the vodka, blue curacao, simple syrup, and lime juice.
- Shake and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with the can of hard seltzer.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.