Juicy, cheese and beefy – These Cheeseburger Sliders are always a hit at parties or great for an easy dinner! All your favorite flavors from classic burgers in slider form. Perfect to make-ahead or for a last minute recipe while entertaining.
Easy cheeseburger sliders can be thrown together as a simple dinner or a fun appetizer. The mini burgers are gooey and cheesy and so deliciously flavorful! Sliders are great to serve on so many occasions. Make a big batch for game-day, serve them alongside your favorite appetizers for a party, or even make them for lunches and dinner during the week.
Plate a few of these sliders alongside a hearty serving of loaded tater tots and you’ve got an amazing meal on your hands! With seasoned beef and melty cheese, cheeseburger sliders are quite irresistible. You’re going to love how easy this recipe is and how well they turn out every single time.
Why You’ll Love Cheeseburger Sliders
- Clean-up is quick after making these. If you line the baking sheet in foil or parchment paper, the clean-up is even more easy!
- You can complete this recipe in just a half hour! If you’re in need of a last minute dish, this is just the thing to make.
- All you need is 8 simple ingredients to make this easy sliders recipe.
Ingredients for this Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe
- Ground beef – Use lean ground beef to keep the sliders from becoming super greasy and soggy.
- Beef seasoning – Hop over to Gimme Some Grilling and buy our tasty Beef Seasoning. Any of your favorite beef seasonings from the grocery store should do the trick too.
- Hawaiian rolls – Sliders are just so much better when they’re made on sweet Hawaiian rolls!
- Medium cheddar cheese – Feel free to use a different cheese if your prefer. Sharp cheddar and American cheese will both be a tasty option to use as well.
- Unsalted butter – If all you have on hand is salted butter, you can use that instead.
- Yellow onion – Yellow onion has a mild flavor that will work best for these pull apart cheeseburger sliders.
- Mayonnaise – If you’re not a fan of mayo, feel free to omit it. But it does add a nice creamy touch to this mini burgers!
- Sesame seeds – Sprinkle the top of the sliders with sesame seeds for a nice added texture and slight nutty flavor.
How to Make Cheeseburger Sliders
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set it to the side.
Add diced onion and ground beef to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Season with beef seasoning and cook, breaking up the beef into small crumbles.
Once no pink remains in the beef, drain the excess grease from the skillet. Stir mayonnaise into the beef and onions until well combined.
Next, cut the sweet rolls in half through the middle.
Place the bottom half of the rolls into the previously prepared baking dish and then spread the ground beef evenly over them.
Top the meat with cheese. Then place the top of the rolls onto the sliders.
Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake the cheeseburger sliders for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the buns are golden brown.
Remove from the oven, cut, and serve!
What to Serve with Cheeseburger Sliders
Serving these as an appetizer instead of dinner? Crockpot buffalo dip or corn dip would go super well alongside a cheesy slider. Some air fryer fried pickles and homemade jalapeño poppers would be a great addition to the menu too!
How To Store Cheeseburger Sliders
Store leftovers in an airtight container or tightly wrap the dish they were baked in. They will last in the fridge for about 2 days. The longer the sit, the more soggy they will get. But if you reheat them in the oven, the leftovers will still be tasty!
How to Reheat Leftover Sliders
Sliders are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but if you have leftovers we recommend reheating them in the oven again. This will help make the bun crispy instead of soggy when you use the microwave to reheat them.
How many sliders should I make for a party?
It depends on how many people you plan to host. Normally, an individual would eat anywhere from 1-3 sliders. But it’s also important to know your crowd!
If you’re hosting a bunch of guys watching a game, I bet they’d eat more than the average crowd. But this cheeseburger sliders recipe is easy to double, triple and even quadruple! Make as many as you need to serve any size crowd.
- Add garlic powder and/or minced garlic to the melted butter, and use that to brush the tops of the buns. It will give the sliders extra flavor!
- Be sure to drain all of the grease from the meat to keep the bread from getting soggy.
- Before baking, add any condiments that you may want. After the cheese melts, it will likely be difficult to peel the top of the bun off the add condiments.
Make as many batches of cheeseburger sliders that you want! You definitely won’t be able to eat just one.
More Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Taco Dip is a tasty appetizer that is jam packed with the most incredible flavors. A Mexican appetizer that anyone would love!
- Instant Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs are a tasty protein packed appetizer that anyone would enjoy.
- Hosting game-day? Make this Football Pepperoni Pizza Dip as the cutest themed snack.
- If you’re looking for more sliders, try out these incredible Ham and Cheese Sliders!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons favorite beef seasoning
- ½ large yellow onion finely diced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices medium cheddar cheese
- 12 count Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted,
- 1 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat add diced onion, ground beef and break up with a spatula. Season with your favorite beef seasoning. Cook over medium/high heat, breaking up the beef and cook until cooked through then remove from heat.
- Drain the extra grease out of the skillet. Stir in mayonnaise until combined.
- Cut sweet rolls in half. Place the bottom half of the rolls in the prepared baking dish. Spread ground beef mixture evenly over the rolls. Top the hamburger with cheese.
- Place the top of buns, cut-side down, over the burgers. Brush tops with butter and immediately sprinkle tops with sesame seeds. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cut and serve immediately.