Quick and easy homemade Garlic Bread with perfectly crisp edges, soft buttery center, and golden brown toasted top. It’s the perfect addition to any Italian-style dinner or just because you are craving it.
At our house, no Italian night is complete without some toasty garlic bread. I serve it as an appetizer or as a side dish and it’s always a hit!
And, no, you don’t need to be a master baker and make your own bread. We’re making the easiest garlic bread ever – it’s so easy you can make it for a weeknight dinner.
Why This Recipe Works
- We’re using French bread for this recipe – you know, the kind you can buy at any grocery store? It is perfect for this recipe!
- The garlic bread spread has only three ingredients. I like to use fresh chopped garlic and fresh parsley for the best flavor.
- The bread is first baked in the oven so it warms all the way through and then broiled so the top gets toasted and turns golden. This method makes the best garlic bread that is soft and warm on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- It’s ready to serve it 20 minutes!
You are going to want this buttery warm garlic bread to go with your bowl of spaghetti and meatballs or slice of lasagna! Or, serve it as a snack with some marinara on the side. Either way, it’s a keeper!
This recipe is all about the spread! It’s a combination of softened butter, minced garlic, and minced parsley.
For the bread, look for the larger loaves of French bread in the bakery section.
How to Make It
Make the Spread: Mix the butter and garlic in a small bowl.
Prep the Bread: Use a serrated knife to slice the bread in half lengthwise so you have two long slices.
Butter and Garnish: Spread the garlic butter over each slice and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the parsley over the butter spread.
Bake: Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
Broil: After 10 minutes, turn on the broiler for two to three minutes or until the bread is toasty and golden.
Serve! Use a serrated knife to slice it into pieces and serve them with your main dish or add a dipping sauce like marinara or ranch dressing!
Prep Tip: Not quite ready to serve dinner when the bread is done? Keep the oven on low and leave the bread inside until dinner is ready to serve. Or wrap it in foil to keep it warm on the counter.
Want to make it cheesy? Sprinkle some good melting cheese like mozzarella or provolone over the top before baking. Or sprinkle some grated Parmesan for extra flavor.
Herb Tip: No fresh parsley on hand? Use a teaspoon of dried herbs like parsley, thyme, or Italian seasoning instead. Mix it into the butter or sprinkle it over the top before baking.
Storage Tip: Garlic bread is best eaten warm from the oven, but leftovers, will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
What to Serve It With!
Your family is going to LOVE this amazing garlic bread! My family does and begs me to make it almost every week. Give it a try – I know you will love it, too!
More Easy Recipes
- Make a batch of Four Cheese Dunkers and add your favorites dips to go with them!
- Bacon Pinwheels are made with puff pastry for a flaky, savory appetizer.
- You only need six ingredeints to make my easy Homemade Dinner Rolls! They are perfect for any meal.
- It’s not pasta night without this delicious Cheesy Garlic Bread that’s ready in less than 20 minutes.
Did you try this recipe and love it like I do? Be sure to leave a comment and your five-star rating!
Be sure to tag your photos with @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your tasty pics!
- 16 oz French Bread about 1 loaf, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ c. butter softened
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine butter and garlic. Spread over the cut sides of the French bread. Then sprinkle parsley over the top.
- Place, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- After baking time is done, turn the oven to broil and broil on high 2-3 minutes about 4-6 inches away from heat or until golden brown.